Landing pages are often that pesky key to Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Search Marketing lead generation success. Poor PPC lead generation landing pages are a primary roadblock to your qualified visitor from becoming a valuable lead or customer. On the other hand good PPC lead generation landing pages answers the searcher’s primary questions, build rapport and trust, communicate your product or service value, all while clearly showing them what to do next.
Here are some of our best practices for creating great PPC lead generation landing pages that deliver on the promise you’ve made in your PPC ad copy, while helping your search prospect feel comfortable placing that call or completing that form. Following these tips should result in an increase of serious and qualified leads.
Get the Basics Right
- Create stand-alone landing pages for your product/service
- Page designs should be consistent and match your website look & feel
- Landing page must continue the conversation from the ad copy
- Page headline should reveal the unique proposition (USP) of your product/service; Page body copy should expand on that USP
- Include content that builds trust in the company and its methods
- Include two (2) Calls to Action: phone, a sign-up form
Content for Building Trust
- Number of years in business
- Any brand name companies that you have as clients
- Awards and certifications (logos)
Product Information Tips
- Provide info on how your product or service is the right solution for what the visitor is looking for
- Include some features but mostly focus on benefits of your product or service
- Offer a money back guarantee or a free consultation/demo
- Include case studies or performance videos
Calls to Action
- Make the phone number trackable and visible at least 3 times on the landing page. A phone lead is usually much more valuable than a form lead
- Offer the prospect the opportunity to sign-up for a demo, a tour or a free consultation (avoid ‘sales talk,’ use more consultative language)
- Offer case studies, whitepapers and other product info for free. Capture email for down stream communications
- Create form fields that help you qualify the lead further. Longer forms dissuade unqualified leads and more information helps you direct the request to the appropriate sales team
Lastly, get lead quality and other feedback from your sales team and your customer service teams often and use that information to refine your landing pages to help improve your landing pages and PPC lead generation over time.